Witloft developed a special and unique coating which is used on most of our aprons. It protects the leather against stains, dirt and even the worst scratches. It also makes food or dirt easy to wipe off with a damp cloth. The coating makes the leather a bit stiff in the beginning, but will quickly soften with use. The Witloft apron is made to last and will take on its own unique characteristics over time. The aprons are good for use in a heated environment such as BBQ or grill and will protect you.
Our Craft Collection is made of the same leather, but is a bit softer. This leather has got a more rustic look because of the open structure. Please note that this range is a little less protected against dirt and stains because of the cracks in the upper layer. It is still made to last of course, but the dirt can find its way a little better through the open structure. For stronger protection we recommend to spray this quality with suede spray.
Please take in account the following care & cleaning instructions. No warranty is implied since results may vary.
- Remove dirt by vacuuming with a brush attachment or dust frequently with a clean, dry cloth
- If the leather is soiled, it can be wiped with a soft, damp cloth using a lather of any mild soap with lukewarm or distilled water. Always try on an inconspicuous spot first
- Dry with a clean, soft cloth
- Do not spot clean the leather apron; always clean the entire surface
- Do not use saddle soap, cleaning solvents, oils, furniture polishes, varnishes, abrasive cleaners, detergents, or ammonia on the leather apron. These will ruin the finish causing it to become sticky and cracked